NEW SOUND POST
BEST WAY – USE (6) EASY WAY TO MEASYRE ANGLE AT THE TOP (BELLY)
and 7 FOR THE INSIDE BACK (Bottom)
violin tools R25
violin tools from violin4u
1. Prepare Cutting Block. Apply masking tape to working edge of the cutting block. Draw straight line between marking spots (x-x) Place a mark on the line approximately 1 inch from the center of the block.
2. Mount the Master gauge to Setter / Inserter tool. Do not use the Swivel cap at this time. Set the mounting gauge length approximately 1/8 to 1/4 inch of expected sound post length.
- Place a small sticker near the bridge violin belly, to mark intended position of the sound post
- Loosen the strings, Remove the bridge and set the Master Gauge to length slightly longer than expected sound post. Inset the gauge
Instruction using K&KS Sound post tools
Warning: Please note, some tools are sharp and should be used with caution
Basic tools needed: A - Cutting Block. B - Right angle Saw guide
C - Saw or saw blade, 30 TPI or more E - VSP Master Gauge, VSP-PRO-2plus Setter / Inserter
We also use: Masking tape, Scissor, ruler and marking pen
With gauge length set slightly longer than expected sound post, set one end of the gauge exactly under the sound post mark, and second end at an angle deeper into violin sound box. With G2 gauge the second end is the one with the ball. Slowly move the Gauge towards vertical position to establish correct length. Tilt the gauge back to free from contacting the violin, and remove..
5. Place the Gauge on center line of the cutting block. Align Saw Guide with existing mark. Place mark at the other end of the Gauge.This shows length of sound post
6. EASY WAY – angle can be measured at top. Simply keep the gauge perpendicular to violin body. Lightly press to set swivel cap. Remove to measure the angle. Repeat at the back.